The Graphic Design week of Computer Camp will explore the theory and principles behind graphic design as well as provide hands-on experience with computer-aided design.
The campers will be introduced to a history of graphic design as well as current day trends in design. Focusing on graphic designs impetus to web applications, such as wire-framing, visualizing UI-UX possibilities, still imagery editing and an in-depth understanding of the tools of Photoshop. We will also explore the functions of 3D imaging and printing. Through a critique based evaluation of projects, students will learn how to be perceptive to the principles of design, which will become a basis for further development when they graduate from the program. This Camp assumes no prior knowledge of computer-aided graphic design, or 3D modeling/printing experience.
Click the tabs below to learn more about this program.
Camps for rising 4th - 8th graders have three price options:
- Day Camper: Day Campers check in on Monday morning from 8:00-8:30am and then enjoy curriculum Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm. Meals are not provided with Day Camp Tuition - campers can bring a sack lunch or can purchase our optional Lunch package for $40 (includes lunch in the dining hall Monday-Friday).
- Extended Day: Extended Day Campers check in on Monday morning between 8:00am and 8:30am and then enjoy curriculum and recreation Monday - Friday from 9am to 9pm, with lunch and dinner provided in the dining hall.
- Overnight: Overnight campers check in before dinner on Sunday and check out at 5pm on Friday. All meals and shared dorm accommodations are provided.
Camps for rising 9th-12th graders have two options:
- Extended Day: Extended Day Campers attend camp from 9am to 9pm seven days a week (except check-in and check-out days, which are half days), with lunch and dinner provided in the dining hall each day.
- Overnight: Overnight campers check-in after lunch on the first day of camp and check out before lunch on the last day of camp. All meals and shared dorm accommodations are provided.
|Program||Location||Start Date||End Date||Register|
|Graphic Design and 3D Imaging||Stanford University||Jul 14, 2019||Jul 20, 2019||Enroll|
Sample Schedule High School
|8:00 am||Breakfast in the dining hall (overnight campers)|
|9-9:15 am||Extended day camper check-in|
|9:15 am||Morning class time - lecture, discussion, & computer lab time|
|12:30 pm||Lunch in the dining hall (included for all campers)|
|1:30 pm||Afternoon class time - small group project work & individual consultations|
|5:30 pm||Dinner in the dining hall (included for all campers)|
|6:30 pm||Evening elective classes & computer lab time|
|8:00 pm||Evening recreation activities|
|9:00 pm||Extended day camper check-out|
|10:00 pm||Floor check|
|10:30 pm||Room check|
Education Unlimited believes in small-group, immersive learning with subject matter experts and experienced teachers. We strive to provide industry-leading instruction to all of our students and hold all staff to the highest possible standards. Staff assignments vary by program and location. Some of our recent staff members for this program include:
Katibelle Sharkey - Instructor
She has frequented many graphic design internships and jobs over the years. Her passion is art, and she explores art in many forms; from digital mediums such as graphic design, coding and videography to physical mediums such as welding and woodworking. She is an avid reader, and enjoys theory, philosophy, sociology and psychology. Spending most of her free time reading everything from Sigmund Freud to Judith Butler. She also has a love of coding and the endless possibilities of digital mediums. She has the hopes of one day being a practicing and successful fine artist.