Coed Science Camps
Our overnight science camps offer risign 4th-10th graders with a passion for science the opportunity to live, learn and make lifelong friends on the campuses of UC Berkeley, UC San Diego, UCLA, Georgetown and Stanford. These programs feature a 6 day, 5 night schedule, with activities scheduled from approximately 9am to 5pm each day. Students participate in morning labs, tailored to a science major of their choice, afternoon enrichment activities for informal science learning and recreation, and a wide variety of evening activities and games.
Offered at camps for 5th - 8th grade
- Marine Biology: Students will investigate animal adaptations in a creative creature project, explore marine phyla, dissect a fish, and create an “oil spill” to see how human actions impact the planet.
- Astronomy: Students will simulate the big bang theory, study the surface of the sun and measure its diameter, explore light diffraction and build their own water rockets!
- Neuroanatomy: In this major, you will learn the anatomy and physiology of various systems in the brain and apply what you know to fictitious neurological patients. Specifically, we will focus on the cerebral cortex, various sub-cortical structures, the visual system, somatosensory system, and the motor system in the brain and spinal cord. The culminating event on Friday will be a case studies test where you will “act” like neurologists to predict where a lesion in the brain or spinal cord is in a person, as well as “acting” like neuroradiologists in order to predict the symptoms and prognosis of patients with particular nervous system lesions. (Co-ed Neuronatomy programs also offered at Georgetown and UCLA)
- Robotics: Students will explore the emerging science of robot mechanics by building a robot from scratch, remotely control it, experiment with light and pressure sensors, create drive trains for varying terrains and play robotic sports.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Grades||Majors|
|Stanford||Mon, Jul 3, 17||Fri, Jul 7, 17||6th - 8th||Astronomy & Marine Science|
|Stanford||Sun, Jul 9, 17||Sat, Jul 15, 17||9th - 10th||Neuroanatomy & Robotics|
|UC Berkeley||Sun, Jul 9, 17||Fri, Jul 14, 17||6th - 8th||Astonomy & Marine Science|
|UC San Diego||Sun, Jul 16, 17||Fri, Jul 21, 17||6th - 8th||Astonomy & Marine Science|
|Georgetown||Sun, Jul 23, 17||Sat, Jul 29, 17||6th - 8th||Astonomy & Marine Science|
|Georgetown||Sun, Jul 23, 17||Sat, Jul 29, 17||9th - 10th||Neuroanatomy & Robotics|
|UCLA||Sun, Jul 23, 17||Fri, Jul 28, 17||6th - 8th||Astonomy & Marine Science|
|MIT||Mon, Jul 31, 17||Fri, Aug 4, 17||9th - 10th||Neuroanatomy & Robotics|
|UCLA||Sun, Aug 6, 17||Sat, Aug 12, 17||9th - 10th||Neuroanatomy & Robotics|
Coed Science Camps - Staff Profiles
Staff are typically subject matter experts and experienced teachers. Staff assignments vary by program and all staff are held to the highest possible standards. Some of our recent staff members for this program include:
Check back closer to the start of camp for details on our 2017 staff.
We will continue to add additional staff members as enrollment and availability dictate. Details are posted on additional staff members as they are confirmed.
* Tentative and Subject to Change
|Jul 2nd - Jul 8th||6th-8th||Stanford University||$1,510.00 – $2,150.00|
|Jul 9th - Jul 14th||6th - 8th||Berkeley Camp Location: UC Berkeley||$1,510.00 – $2,150.00|
|Jul 9th - Jul 15th||9th & 10th||Stanford University||$2,425.00 – $2,850.00|
|Jul 16th - Jul 21st||6th - 8th||San Diego Camp Location: UC San Diego||$1,510.00 – $2,150.00|
|Jul 23rd - Jul 28th||6th - 8th||Los Angeles Camp Location: UCLA||$1,510.00 – $2,150.00|
|Jul 23rd - Jul 29th||9th - 10th||Georgetown University||$2,425.00 – $2,850.00|
|Jul 31st - Aug 4th||9th - 10th||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Day Camper: $1,250.00|
|Aug 6th - Aug 12th||9th - 10th||Los Angeles Camp Location: UCLA||$2,425.00 – $2,850.00|